8.17.2008

Choosing Paint Colors and Techniques

This is one of the hard parts...deciding on a creamy off-white that is not too pink, yellow, blue, grey or brown. Once again I have to say "Thanks!" to Linda our neighbor, friend, dinner club colleague and interior designer for helping us narrow down the choices.

I had two paint chips in my hand when I went to my Mautz store (which carries Sherwin Williams paint) and walked out with one can of cabinet paint (the lighter color could not be made in the Pro Classic Satin Enamel---a highly regarded paint for kitchen cabinets).

So, Casa Blanca was tested on practice boards with different techniques. Thanks to the iVillage Paint forum
  • Paint Web
  • I have the technique down. Almost. Still deciding whether to sand or use liquid sander. But after that, primer applied with a roller, then back brushed at an almost parallel angle. Dry. Sand with 320 grit sanding sponge. The apply 2 coats of the Pro Classic- both with a roller, then back brushed with a Corona Cortez brush (yes, I tested a few). Sand in between the first and second coat. Beautiful!

    PS The wall color we picked is SW Humble Gold. Yummy combination.

    Photobucket
    Photobucket

    No comments: