9.13.2008

Today was not a good day

Today was annoying. I realized that I cannot use the deglosser and wait 3 hours before priming. It must have done such a good job deglossing that the tannins from the oak bled through my lovely latex primer (it's a bonding primer). You can see some of the freckles in the picture, and the fellow at the paint store assured me that those stains would bleed through the enamel, too. So, after 2 coats of bonding primer, I got to sand and paint on an oil based primer - Zinnser Stain Block I think it's called.

I was not happy with the way it went on- it's a fast drying one, and it left lots of brush marks. Even with a good brush. Can't wait to sand those doors again.

The kitchen is a mess- hardly usuable. Tonight it's left over lasagna I found in the freezer. Tomorrow when mom and dad arrive for a visit it will be take out pizza in the basement. And my cats seem to love paint. At least they have not gotten into the oil based primer (yet).

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: